GALLERY AND INFORMATION CENTRE IS CLOSED
BUT KYABRAM TOWN HALL WRITERS’ GROUP is looking to publish a book of ORIGINAL STORIES FEATURING WOMEN
in time for International Women’s Day,
Monday 8 March 2021
THERE IS NO THEME FOR THE BOOK :
- except stories must feature women – true or fictitious – across time, space, and culture;
- Writers must be over 18.
- We are open to male writers writing about women.
- Fact or fiction in any style or genre is acceptable: whodunits, romance, sci-fi, fantasy, etc., memoir, biography, history, in prose or poetry.
- Story and the “voice” of the writer are the most important.
- Pre-published stories are acceptable.
- Technicalities like grammar, punctuation, etc. should not stop anyone – help will be available from the editorial team.
- Maximum word count per piece: 2000-
- Contributions will be assessed/chosen/edited by the Kyabram Town Hall Writers’ Group editorial team.
- We prefer contributions to be sent via the attached template or by EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org
- However, typed hardcopies are welcome.
- Deliver by hand or post to :
Kyabram Town Hall,
ATT: KTH Writers’ Group,
199 Allan Street Kyabram, Vic 3620.
- November 1st 2020 is the cut-off point for handing in contributions BUT WE WOULD PREFER THEM AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE . . .
- Manuscript ready mid-January 2021, and
- printed by Thursday March 1st 2021.
- (Covid-19 permitting) Book launch: IWDay weekend, Saturday 6 March 2021
THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION and there are no prizes and no individual royalties … just the glory of being published.
- Copyright for each story remains with the author.
- BUT – by submitting entries authors automatically agree to allow their work to be published in this book (and any re-runs, should the need occur).
ENQUIRIES: email at email@example.com
THREE EXHIBITION WERE SHOWING WHEN WE CLOSED
- SONYA ELSE in the Classic Gallery UNTIL the end of August
- Splinter Contemporary Artists new exhibition from 4th August. LOCK DOWN LOOK UP in the Community Gallery
- Christine Upton in the Community Gallery UNTIL 10th October
SONYA ELSE more info
CHRISTINE UPTON/see more
SPLINTER CONTEMPORARY ARTISTS see more
KYABRAM WRITERS GROUP MEET EVERY MONDAY AT 5.30 PM
firstname.lastname@example.org (03) 5852 1546 0490 371 641