KYABRAM TOWN HALL WRITERS’ GROUP book info
Hello Everyone –
You may already know that KYABRAM TOWN HALL WRITERS’ GROUP is looking to publish a book of ORIGINAL STORIES FEATURING WOMEN in time for the 110TH ANNIVERSARY of INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY on 8 March 2021 . . . This is a friendly reminder that the closing date is 1 November, 2020.
THERE IS NO THEME FOR THE BOOK, except stories must feature women – true or fictitious – across time, space, and culture, in any genre – prose or verse. Writers must be over 18 and we are open to male writers writing about women.
Please feel free to send them to who ever might be interested.
Thanks in anticipation of your co-operation.
Click below for word template for your story.
The Members of Kyabram Town Hall writers’ Group
KYABRAM TOWN HALL WRITERS’ GROUP is looking to publish a book of ORIGINAL STORIES FEATURING WOMEN in time for International Women’s Day,
Monday 8 March 2021
THERE IS NO THEME FOR THE BOOK :
- except stories must feature women – true or fictitious – across time, space, and culture;
- Writers must be over 18.
- We are open to male writers writing about women.
- Fact or fiction in any style or genre is acceptable: whodunits, romance, sci-fi, fantasy, etc., memoir, biography, history, in prose or poetry.
- Story and the “voice” of the writer are the most important.
- Pre-published stories are acceptable.
- Technicalities like grammar, punctuation, etc. should not stop anyone – help will be available from the editorial team.
- Maximum word count per piece: 2000-
- Contributions will be assessed/chosen/edited by the Kyabram Town Hall Writers’ Group editorial team.
- We prefer contributions to be sent via the attached template or by EMAIL to email@example.com
- However, typed hardcopies are welcome.
- Deliver by hand or post to :
Kyabram Town Hall,
ATT: KTH Writers’ Group,
199 Allan Street Kyabram, Vic 3620.
- November 1st 2020 is the cut-off point for handing in contributions BUT WE WOULD PREFER THEM AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE . . .
- Manuscript ready mid-January 2021, and
- printed by Thursday March 1st 2021.
- (Covid-19 permitting) Book launch: IWDay weekend, Saturday 6 March 2021
THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION and there are no prizes and no individual royalties … just the glory of being published.
- Copyright for each story remains with the author.
- BUT – by submitting entries authors automatically agree to allow their work to be published in this book (and any re-runs, should the need occur).
ENQUIRIES: email at firstname.lastname@example.org